Mega QR Code Payment System
Mega Bank offers cash less mobile payment solution that enables the customers to make payments from QR Codes via Mega Smart Baking. With this innovation Mega Bank is stepping into the future of Mega Smart Banking.
QR code abbreviated from Quick Response Code is a two-dimensional code made up of black and white squares that can be read by smartphone cameras. QR codes have also started to be used for payments, with customers making payments by scanning a QR code and having the amount transferred directly from their account to the merchant, without the need for a POS terminal.
In this technology, customer now can simply scan the QR code of other user (of Mega Bank user’s or authorized Fonepay merchant/network bank) and pay the bill amount directly from their account to their account.
QR Code Payment option is available in Mega Smart Mobile Banking apps and is accepted by more than 60k merchant outlets in Nepal.
Steps for QR Code Payment on Merchant Outlets:
- Customer opens bank's Mobile Banking application.
- Without login into the application, Customer Scrolls on right side of the landing page.
- The "Scan to Pay on Merchant Outlets" screen appears which is used to scan the QR code displayed on the merchant side.
- By login into the Mobile banking application, Customer Needs to click on "Scan 2 Pay" option which leads to "Scan to Pay on Merchant Outlets" screen.
- The QR Code which customer scans comes into 2 ways; either through the physical QR code standee that is placed in the merchant side or through Merchant Mobile apps which merchant generates QR code in their mobile.