Direct Banking Info
Frequently Asked Questions >> Direct Banking
1. What is Direct Banking?
Direct Banking is an Internet Service offering a simple, convenient and secure method of accessing bank accounts on the Internet. It\'s never been so easy to access and manage your finances in a secure, real-time, online environment; Anywhere, Anytime.
2. What can I do with Direct Banking?
Using Direct Banking, you can access your MBNL bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can keep a close eye on your account balances, print account statements, transfer funds, and much more.
3. How can I activate my Direct Banking Account?
You can activate your account through the website, provided: You are a MBNL account holder. You are registered with MBNL direct banking service and have provided a valid email address.
4. How do I know if I am registered with MBNL Direct Banking Service?
You are registered if: You have filled up the MBNL Direct Banking Registration Form. You have an Account in a MBNL branch.
5. Is there an extra charge for using Direct Banking?
There is no subscription fee. However, normal product fees and charges, may be levied depending upon the conditions.
6. Can I access Direct Banking from anywhere?
Yes! You can access Direct Banking from anywhere anytime as long you are connected to the Internet.
7. I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
You should submit application with required credentials mentioning details about \'Forgot Password\'; then MBNL will provide you a system generated temporary password which will be send to your email address registered with us.
8. Can I change my Login Name / Password?
You cannot change your Login Name, however, you may change your password using the \'Change Password\' feature from by clicking on Options and then Change Password.
9. What can we do with direct banking?
With direct Banking you can: - Check current balances on current and savings accounts. - Transfer funds between many of your accounts with us. - Third party transfer within the accounts of MEGA Bank. - View account statement of your MEGA Bank current and savings accounts - Request Cheque book, good for payments, and stop payments - You can send mail to bank and get alert from bank as well - Pay utility bill (will be incorporated soon) - View your loan status
10. Are there any minimum system requirements for effective operation of direct banking?Direct banking can be run in any operative system. However, Internet Explorer 5.5 or above, Mozilla 3.0, Opera 9.0, Safari supports MEGA direct banking.
11. How many times I can attempt to log in?
You can try up to three times for log in. If your username or password is clicked wrong for the three consecutive times, the user will be locked. To activate it again, the customer should fill up request form to unlock.
12. Is password case sensitive?
Yes password is case sensitive. If you have set password as \"PASSWORD\" you cannot use \"password\" or \"Password\". The small letters and capital letters are treated different.
13. Can I link other accounts with existing direct banking user ID?
Yes, you have to contact customer service if you want to link other accounts as well.
14. How long can direct banking page be kept idle?
Direct banking will be disable if the page is kept idle for 10minutes i.e. session will be logout automatically after 10minutes.