CSR ACTIVITY - 2077/78
Digital Banking Awareness Activities
• For the safety of the Bank’s valued customers as well as precautionary awareness of the general public, Mega Bank Nepal Limited had broadcasted Digital Banking Awareness messages through various news portals, FM stations, Television Channels, Social Medias etc. in order to prioritize Digital Banking services for financial activities.
• In order to make payment system much safer, efficient and convenient during the COVID-19 pandemic while purchasing daily consumable vegetables, the Bank installed QR Payment System at Bishranti Agro Pvt. Ltd., a vegetable market located at Jorpati, Kathmandu. The people can scan and make payment through QR Code Scanner provided to the shopkeepers of the vegetable market.
• Mega Bank Nepal Limited has also installed QR Payment System at Safa Tempo (electric) which carries passengers at various locations inside Katmandu Valley. Purpose of this initiative is to make the payment system safer as well as easier for both passengers and drivers. Basically the Bank’s support has been extended to Tempos owned and operated by Female drivers. Mega Bank provided Mahila Uddhyamshil Karja to woman to purchase the Safa Tempo with the purpose to uplift their life.
Support for Disaster Management
• Chame Bazar at Manang District and Helambu Bazar at Sindhupalchowk were severely hit with considerable collateral damage by the devastating floods and landslides of June/July 2021. Roads and houses alongside were swept away by the floods with power supply being disrupted and daily life of these communities severely affected. Hence, to contribute for immediate relief and rehabilitation work of the affected communities, Mega Bank provided financial support to Chame Gaupalika and Helambu Gaunpalika.
Support in Education
• Mega Bank Nepal Limited giving continuation to CSR campaign “Education is Enlightenment” expanded its scope of program from “Girl Child Education: One Branch-One Girl Child” to “Girl Child Education: One Branch-Two Girl Children” under which the Bank provided scholarship to two girl students (ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 12) from economically deprived family through the Bank’s every branches. The scholarship amount was provided into their account maintained at the Bank. This campaign is aimed to support the girl children for their education.
• Mega Bank joined hands with Tulsipur Sub-Metropolitan City of Dang District for the program “स्मार्ट छोरी बिहेवारी २० वर्ष पारी” under which the Bank will be providing financial support to the newly born girl children of 11 Wards of Tulsipur Sub-Metropolitan City with the aim for the betterment of their education and reduce early marriage in that area.
• Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided financial assistance to “Nepal Rastriya Shikshak Sangathan”, Kapilvastu for their program which was focused on development of education sector of that area, recognition of teachers who have been contributing for many years in education field in that area and training program for the teachers.
• Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided financial assistance to Community Development Committee situated at Subidhanagar, Kathmandu for management of Library.
• The Bank supported Padmodaya Public Model Higher Secondary School situated at Ghorahi, Dang for extracurricular activities in order to develop physical as well as mental health of the students.
Financial Literacy Awareness Activities
• Following safety and precautionary measures against the spread of COVID-19, Mega Bank Nepal Limited carried out various Financial Literacy Programs in order to make aware the targeted group about the Bank’s products & services and its use in the life of people at different locations through door-to-door campaigns, programs with various women and local groups at various rural areas, schools, army barracks, etc. The main objective of the programs was to inform about banking knowledge, financial terms, in-cultivate saving culture & its importance in general life and motivating them to utilize money in income generation activities.
Support in Health
• Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided financial assistance to Nepal Red Cross Society to conduct blood donation program at Chanauli, Chitwan in order to manage human blood during Covid-19 pandemic period as various parts of the country was facing blood shortage. Moreover, the Bank also provided financial support to Tourist Guide Association of Nepal and Dharan Jaycees for blood donation program at Kathmandu and Dharan respectively.
• The Bank provided financial support to Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh and Ram Kumar Mahabir Prasad Kedia Eye Hospital to conduct Eye Screening Camp and Cataract Surgery in various places of Bara and Parsa District where around 50 Cataract patients were benefited with free Cataract Surgery.
• The Bank provided financial support to Lions Club of Sagun for the distribution of food during Covid-19 pandemic at Nuwakot District. Further, the Bank also supported Upatyaka Sarsafai Mahaabhiyan and R.K. Entertainment Group to carry food distribution program during pandemic time.
• For health safety measures of the students and teachers of Shree Nandi Secondary School located at Naxal, Bank provided financial assistant to purchase Covid-19 safety Protection Kit.
• Mega Bank supported Astitwa Nepal, a non-profit organization in their fund raising program to help the victims of acid and burn violence to lead a positive life.
• Mega Bank supported Nepal News Network that had organized cancer awareness program named “Ride for Life: Cycle Rally for Cancer Awareness” in association with Nepal Cancer Care Foundation.
• The Bank provided water tanks to Shree Saraswoti Higher Secondary School located at Narayan Municipality-8, Dailekh for water management in the school premises for students and teachers.
• The Bank provided financial assistance to “Food For Life Nepal”, a non-profit organization to purchase food materials that the organization had been distributing for needy children and economically disadvantaged families of Budhanilkantha area, Kathmandu.
• The Bank supported Baliyo Nepal Nutrition Initiative (BNNI), a non-profit organization to organize cricket tournament among students with the aim to provide awareness on “Importance of Nutrition in Daily Life”. The main objective of BNNI is to make collective effort to tackle malnutrition so that children will get right nutrition from their earlier age, hence the next generation will attain their full potential and realize their dreams.
• The Bank provided financial support to “Pabitra Samaj Sewa Nepal” to purchase food materials to the children and elder people during Covid-19 pandemic period. Also, the Bank provided financial support for construction of wall and pavement in the premises of the organization for safety and security of children and elder people living there. The organization has been providing shelter, food, healthcare, education, nutrition for the conflict affected people, women, the disabled, orphans, children of victims of domestic violence.
• The Bank provided financial support to Lions Club of Kathmandu Gulmi to purchase Covid-19 safety Protection Kit. The Club distributed the kits to different place of Kaligandaki area of Gulmi District during pandemic period. Also, the Bank provided financial support to Bignaharta Nepal to purchase food materials, sanitation materials and medical supplies which they had utilized for daily wage earners and migrants belonging to marginalized communities in Jumla, Kailali, Hetauda, Janakpur, Biratnagar and Sarlahi Districts.
• The Bank provided support to Access Planet Organization, a non-profit organization led by differently abled young women focusing on promoting quality education, well-being and economic empowerment of differently abled young women via promotion of technological empowerment and accessibility. The Bank supported “Online-based Training Program” for 10 young blind and visually impaired women from which they will be sent to integrated schools to teach computer to the students and resource teachers for 3 months.
• Mega Bank supported St. Xavier College students to organize cancer awareness program named 8th SXC Cycle Rally- Ride against Cancer awareness.
• Mega Bank supported New Banglamukhi Upovokta Samiti with dustbins for proper waste management at Banglamukhi area.
• The Bank provided financial support for the renovation of Shree Uma Devi Temple located at Balkhu, Kathmandu.
• The Bank supported Hand Water Pump to Rajarshi Janak University located at Janakpur with the aim for proper management of water supply within University premises for students, professors, teachers and visitors at the University.
• The Bank provided financial support to Dhumbarahi Lion Old Age Care Home for the construction of old age home. The old age home has been taking care of around 42 old age people.
• Mega Bank supported Shree Hasapota Ganesh Dharmik Byawastha Samittee to purchase water tank for management of water for the pilgrims visiting the Temple as well as provided financial support to construct building for the local people to carry cultural programs and following daily rituals.
• Mega Bank supported Naya Sadak Sudhar Samiti Pokhara for construction of Police Post at Sabharigha Chowk and B.P. Chowk with the purpose for smooth traffic movement control through Traffic Police.
• The Bank has adopted six Himalayan Monal (Danfe), national bird of Nepal through National Trust for Nature Conservation (NTNC) which are kept at Central Zoo where the Bank will bear the annual maintenance cost of the birds.
• For the security and safety purpose at Ghotghote, Gagangauda, Mega Bank provided financial assistance for Installation of CCTV in Coordination with Milan Tol Bikash Santha.