CSR Activity -2076/77
SUPPORT IN EDUCATION SECTOR
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited started a CSR campaign “Education is Enlightenment” with a program named “Girl Child Education: One Branch-One Child” under which the Bank selected girl students (from Grade 1 to Grade 12) from economically deprived family through the Bank’s every branches and provided scholarship to the selected students. In this campaign, the Bank provided stationery materials (pen, pencil, exercise book and bag), school uniform, tuition free and lunch expense to the selected students.
2. In collaboration with “Fellowship Society Nepal (FSN)” Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided Braille educational materials along with software at “Shree Sanjibani Secondary School”, Dhulikhel, Kavre for 20 children having visual disability with an aim to create good environment for easy access for their better education.
3. The Bank provided financial assistance for the education of children through Help to the Helpless Council Nepal located at Dharan, a non-profit and non-government social organization.
4. Mega Bank Nepal Limited joined hand in fund raising program organized by “Help Nepal Network” named “Sikshya Ko Lagi Sangeet”. The raised fund was utilized for reconstruction of a model school building in Dolakha district that crumbled down during the April 25, 2015 earthquake.
5. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported needy students of Dolakha and Gorkha for their better education who were victims from Earthquake 2072 through “Civil Initiative” for their education.
6. In collaboration with “Food For Life Nepal” Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided food materials to the students of “Shree Jaya Bhadrakali Aadharbhut School” in Taulung, Budhanilkantha with an aim to provide nutritious food to the students which help them to concentrate in their education. Zero Hunger and Education.
7. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Private and Boarding Schools' Organization Nepal (PABSON)” Budhanilkantha to recognize and honor the teachers who have been continuously contributing in education filed.
8. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Karnali Pradesh Paryatakiya Tatha Sanskritik Samrachyan Kendra, Kalikot” which has been providing scholarship to the needy children of Kalikot district willing to study but due to financial difficulties they are unable to continue their education.
9. On the occasion of the Bank’s 9th Anniversary, Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided financial support to Mr. Tshering Taba Budha for his education.
10. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “National Private and Boarding Schools' Association Nepal, NPABSAN”, Banke to organize program for the development of education sector in that area as well as recognize and reward various people contributing in different sectors of the society.
11. The Bank provided support to “Rukmangad Katwal Trust” which has been providing support to needy children (orphans, marginalized community, needy women, deprived sector, and victims from conflict, disabled) for their education.
SUPPORT IN HEALTH SECTOR
1. Mega Bank provided financial support to the Covid-19 Fund created by the Central Government as well as all the 7 Province Governments during the pandemic of COVID-19 for the control and treatment of COVID patients of the country.
2. Mega Bank supported International School of Tourism and Hotel Management, “Gorkha Human Welfare Association” and “Dharan Jaycess” for Blood Donation program at various locations.
3. Mega Bank supported Young Doctors’ Association Nepal for Health and Dental Camp at Darchula District. The main objective of their project was to provide free health care and health information as well as create awareness on hygiene and sanitation in that area.
4. Mega Bank supported Annapurna Media Network for their cancer awareness program “Ride for Life: Cycle Rally for Cancer Awareness”.
5. Mega Bank supported St. Xavier College students to organize cancer awareness program named 7th SXC Cycle Rally- Ride against Cancer awareness.
6. Mega Bank provided support to “Nepal Social Development & People Empowerment Center” for distribution of warm clothes to the needy children at Udaypur District during winter time to protect them from cold.
7. Mega Bank supported “Lumbini Development Forum” for distribution of blanket to the needy people at Musahara and Netuwa of Butwal during winter time to protect them from cold.
8. Mega Bank provided financial assistance to Red Cross Club of Budhanilkantha School for free health checkup and first aid kit distribution at Syangja District.
9. Mega Bank supported students of “St. Xavier College” for their project named “Winter Warmth- 5” for distribution of jackets and socks to the needy students of Gorkha and Sindhhupalchowk District.
10. Mega Bank supported “Bal Sarathi”, a non-governmental organization which has been providing quality education, hygienic food and stationeries to the poor and needy children.
11. Mega Bank supported “Ex-Gandaki Boarding Students Association (EGBOSA)” to organize free health camp at Marpha of Mustang District.
12. Mega Bank supported “Deaf Student Activity Committee”. This is an organization established with the aim to help young people with hearing inability by organizing activities that boost their physical and mental challenges.
13. Mega Bank provided financial support to “Pabitra Samaj Sewa Nepal (PSS Nepal)” for the construction of wall and pavement in the premises of the orphanage and elderly home. This NGO has been providing shelter, food, healthcare, education, nutrition for the conflict affected people, women, the disabled, orphans, children of victims of domestic violence.
14. Mega Bank has been involved in the awareness for diseases like Dengue, COVID-19, etc. to make the citizen aware about diseases, precaution and safety measures for these diseases.
15. Mega Bank supported “Nepal Netra Jyoti Sangh, Ram Kumar Mahabir Prasad Kedia Eye Hospital” for Cataract Surgery in the remote area of Bara and Parsa District where almost 50 people were benefited from that surgery.
16. Mega Bank supported “Ujjwal Tara School” to organize sports activity for the students to develop their physical as well as mental health.
17. Mega Bank provided water dispenser to Malikarjun Namuna Ma. Vi. Dhaap, Darchula in order to have health hygiene for the students and teachers of that school.
Mega Bank provided financial support to “M.G. Polyclinic and Diagnostic Center (MGPDC)” to honor senior citizens of Maitidevi area. MGPDC has been involved in various CSR activities like blood donation and free health checkup, etc.
19. Mega Bank provided financial assistance to Jhamsikhel Youth Club for the development of football. The club has been continuously doing various health, educational, social and sports activities at various locations.
LITERACY AND INFORMATIVE PROGRAM
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited in collaboration with “Nischal Advertising” supported Nepal Police for production of public awareness audio-video documentary related to crime and financial literacy.
2. Mega Bank provided financial assistance through Nepal Bankers’ Association for “Kholau Bank Khata” Financial Literacy Campaign initiated by Office of the Prime Minister.
3. Mega Bank supported and participated in financial literacy “Banking Expo- 2076” organized by Media International.
4. Mega Bank conducted financial literacy program in “Subhadeep Public School” located at Teku with an aim to provide Financial and Banking knowledge to the staff, students and parents of that school.
5. Mega Bank produced an animated audio-video related to financial literacy which are broadcasted from social media pages, cinema halls and FM stations. The Bank has also organized various financial literacy programs from each province capturing students, women group from rural as well as urban areas, government and non-government employees, etc.
6. Mega Bank took an initiative to provide literacy and informative messages to the general public through 150 highway boards located in various places: Kathmandu to Pokhara, Itahari to Birtamode, Butwal to Bhairahawa and Nepalgunj to Kohalpur. The Bank has focused on informative and awareness messages related to traffic & road safety and security measures, environment protection & awareness, Women empowerment messages etc.
7. Mega Bank supported “Disable Care Nepal” to distribute 70 white sticks to the differently abled people to make their daily life easier and provided financial literacy program to the students about financial and banking knowledge which will help in their life.
PROMOTION OF CULTURE AND TOURIST DESTINATION
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Hyumat Mahila Samuha” to organize cultural and traditional program in Kathmandu area.
2. Mega Bank supported “Newar Samparka Samaj Argakhanchi” for Bhairab Naach in Kathmandu for the preservation and promotion of culture.
3. Mega Bank supported “Rong Gaupalika, Illam” which was working to attract tourists in that location.
4. Mega Bank provided financial support to “Dharan Sub-Metropolitan City” to organize festival with an aim to attract tourist in that location.
5. Mega Bank provided financial assistance to “Srijanshil Swastha Amma Samuha” for the construction of their ancient and cultural temple at Sharada Municipality-3, Salyan.
6. Mega Bank provided financial support to “Bangalamukhi Mandir Samrachyan Tatha Bebasthapan Samaj” for organizing cultural program of Kathmandu locality.
7. Mega Bank supported Bheerkot Udhyog Banijya Sangh for 2nd Bheerkot Festival 2020 which focused on internal and external tourists in the local market of Bheerkot, Syangja for economic activities and promotional of local culture and tradition focusing on tourism.
8. Mega Bank provided support to “Nawa Amarkanteswor Yuva Samuha” to organize the famous and historic Indra Jatra of Kathmandu for the preservation of culture.
9. Mega Bank supported “Shadana Kala Kendra” for their musical program to promote the country in the international platform for tourism.
10. Mega Bank provided financial assistance to “Aarish Garden and Advertising Service” for the coloring of boats at Markhu, Kulekhani in order to support tourism at that area.
SUPPORT IN TREE PLANTATION AND ENVIRONMENT CLEANLINESS
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Rotary Club of Jawalakhel Manjushree” for tree plantation at Lalitpur area to maintain Greenery in that area.
2. Mega Bank handed over dustbins to “Rajarshi Janak University” Janakpur for the cleanliness of the University area.
SUPPORT FOR SECURITY AND SAFETY MEASURE
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited provided financial assistance to “District Administration Office”, Tamghas, Gulmi for the installation of CCTV at Tamghas with an aim to make that area more safe and secure.
2. Mega Bank provided financial assistance to “Thamel Tourism Development Council” for management of hanging wires at Thamel area to make safer, cleaner and beautiful tourist destination of the Country.
3. Mega Bank provided pocket diaries to Metropolitan Police Office, Durbarmarg in order to help them to keep record for their daily activities.
REDUCE INEQUALITY, GENDER EQUALITY AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Nepal Women Wrestling Foundation” for 3rd International Women Wrestling Championship in order to encourage Nepalese women for international competition.
2. With an aim to raise awareness about the evils around acid attack and help in reducing violence against women Mega Bank supported “ZONTA Club of Kathmandu” in one of their awareness program.
3. Mega Bank supported “Bishnu Saraswoti Foundation” a non-government organization working on empowerment of single women and the welfare of children.
4. Mega Bank supported “South Asian Women Development Forum (SAWDF)” for 5th International Women Entrepreneurs Summit. This event involves with women entrepreneurs’ organization that are involved in women empowerment, gender equality and upliftment of economic status of women.
5. Mega Bank supported non-profitable, social work based organization “Brighnaharta Nepal” for socio entrepreneurship development of tribal (Chepang) communities by technical and logistic support for Broom Grass and other cash crop cultivation.
6. Mega Bank supported “Fariya Center P. Ltd.” which is working on social awareness about the basic sanitation for girls and women mainly concerning Menstrual Taboos that are prevalent in the Nepalese society. They buy the sanitary napkins from small businesses making reusable napkins and distribute in village school of each province. They have been providing training to the girls to use and cleanliness of the reusable napkins.
7. Mega Bank supported “Lions Club of Kathmandu Sagun” which has supported orphan and differently abled needy children with necessary materials.
8. In order to encourage differently abled person of the society Mega Bank supported “Jawalakhel Wheelchair Sports Club” for Inter-valley Wheel-Chair Basketball Competition.
SUPPORT IN OTHER SECTORS
1. Mega Bank Nepal Limited supported “Kiwanis International Nepal” which has been working in various CSR activities like Aayo Noon Campaign, Earthquake-2072, Tornado in Bara and Parsa, free food for children in Panauti and distribution of basic essential requirements to orphanages and underprivileged.
2. Mega Bank supported “Krishi Bahas” program broadcasted at national Television with an aim to provide adequate knowledge to farmers for increasing productivity of land and farm products which will impact in their business enhancement.